Our team represents a diverse range of public and private companies requiring legal advice on both regulatory and non-regulatory matters. Our firm has been involved in new listings of foreign companies via initial public offerings and completion of qualifying transactions, through plans of arrangement. Our experience allows us to anticipate issues amongst the parties and reactions in the market.
We monitor every stage of the transaction and after a successful listing, we continue to advise and assist on disclosure issues while providing guidance with respect to annual and quarterly reports. We also monitor press releases, analyst and other market communications, executive and equity-based compensation, insider trading, corporate governance, special committees and other similar matters. R & Co. also assists clients in complying with annual filing requirements and in the conduct of shareholder meetings.
R & Co. offers sophisticated advice to clients on all aspects of corporate mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations. We offer experience not only in mergers and acquisitions but also in reorganizations, plans of arrangement, reverse take-overs, joint ventures, the establishment of new businesses in British Columbia and expansion of British Columbia businesses into other jurisdictions.
Our firm has assisted corporate clients with advice on Initial Public Offerings (IPO), Corporate Listings on the Canadian Exchanges, and Mergers and Acquisitions in Canada for foreign corporations.
Examples of Legal Work include:
- Negotiated acquisition of $26 million commercial property including financing provisions;
- Coordinated listing of US natural gas project in Beijing for $28 million financing;
- Conducted due diligence review in Shandong, PRC, of solar energy company; prepare and apply for its listing on CSE;
- Concluded agreement with Chinese counterpart in Beijing to assist North American clients financing through Chinese regulatory institutions;
- On behalf of group of European investors, acquired minority interest in fast-growing Vancouver-based business;
- Worked with French government agency that helps French businesses from France establish offices in British Columbia;
- Assisting local company in negotiations to sell property for over $150 million to offshore buyer;
- Assisting Chinese entrepreneurs in acquisition of commercial enterprises in British Columbia;
- Numerous small business acquisitions involving insurance, travel, restaurants, and retail; and
- Due diligence on Northern B.C. and Yukon mining opportunities for offshore and local clients.